I was going to post yesterday but I thought I might do it today since it coincides with two special occasions.
The first one is that little Jacob is 4 weeks old today! I can’t believe it’s been such a short time – I feel I’ve known him forever. The ordeal of labour is long forgotten and I’m already wondering when I can give him a little brother or sister.
At 4 weeks, Jacob has gained some skills:
- He can copy facial expressions – I’m currently trying to teach him to curl his tongue, but that may be a bit too advanced for him. He can do an impressive duck face though (I did not teach him this!).
- He knows the difference between the breast and the pacifier, and will clearly tell me which he wants. We’ve also successfully let him try the bottle (just as a backup) and he’s taken to it like a duck to water.
- He can now fall asleep in the car seat, pram and baby carrier. So if we’re really in strife and can’t get him to sleep, we have several options now.
- He can do a good commando crawl. It’s good to give babies tummy time, and boy does he like to go places. He’ll wriggle his way up my torso, or off his tummy time mat – sometimes his head will take him off balance though.
- He can lift his head and turn it side to side. He looks like he’s doing some sort of aerobic exercise – right, left, right, left…
We’re so blessed to have so many loving and generous friends and family – Jacob has got so many gifts that it’s filled up his room (luckily, the cot is in our room, or he’d have no space to sleep). He’s got a heap of clothes, toys, functional items (bottles, cutlery, etc) and even a rocker and baby gym.
Thanks again to all the people who gave him gifts – really appreciate the thought that went into them and Jacob really loves them!
The second special occasion today is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary!
I can’t believe it’s already been two years since I walked down the petal-strewn aisle of a gorgeous garden, on a sparkling sunny day. You may say I’m biased, but it was the most perfect wedding I could have ever imagined. The hall was stunning, the company was wonderful and all the spring flowers were in bloom.
My next post will probably be about how to successfully have an anniversary celebration with a 4 week old baby (or how it went disastrously) – so stay tuned! 🙂