To tell the truth, I’d never heard about Liebster awards before, hence why I was so excited to be given one! 🙂 I remember back in the day when we’d have to pass along questionnaire-type links via email or on Friendster (even before Facebook!) so this brings back memories.
The Liebster Award is a blogger award given by bloggers to bloggers in order to broaden the blogging community. If you are nominated for the Liebster Award, you have a few rules to follow:
1. Where is your ‘happy place’?
I guess I have a number of happy places (figuratively and literally), but I’d say my main motivations come down to three things:
1. Movies – Yes, I am that kind of person who can watch a movie and get completely immersed in its world. Particularly with epic movies like Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, etc. and some series like Game of Thrones. Call me an escapist…
2. Nature – I love nature – the more remote, the better. I love the sound of water, be it waves on the beach, rain on leaves or a waterfall gushing over. I love spring flowers and autumn leaves – and I’m sure I’d love the silence of snowfall, though I haven’t had much experience with it. Nature reminds me of my origins and of the Creator, and that’s probably the happiest place I could be.
3. Music – My happy place is somewhere between Comptine d’un autre été L’après midi and Divenire. Imagine a rainy day, with the wind blustering outside, and your fingers flying across the keys without even opening your eyes – because you’re not playing a piano, you’re singing it. It’s not just a song, it’s your soul dancing. 🙂
2. What is your favourite book?
Argh Bree this is a hard one!! There are so many books I love to bits. Probably my all time favourite is still Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. I think I’ve read that over 50 times (from the time I was about 10) – when you are that age and you are reading Harry Potter for the first time, you will sit by the post box waiting for your letter from Hogwarts. It didn’t help that I had owls living in my roof then!
I think I love that book because that’s where the journey of imagination began – before all the sadness and darkness, it was just a simple story about a boy whose mother sacrificed everything for him, but there still being a whole world of hope ahead of him.
3. How many children would you like (can be in your ideal world)?
Ideally I’d like 3 – though I’d be happy to settle for 2. As long as Jacob is not an only child, that’s fine by me. 🙂
By the way, here is my little Jacob doing pushups in his pirate tent! I can’t write a blog post without posting a picture of him, haha!
4. How did you meet your partner or husband?
People say we are a match made in heaven, and funnily enough, we met each other at church. On our first date, we had coffee/hot chocolate and talked, then had dinner and talked, and had dessert and talked… and I thought, man, this guy’s going to make me fat! Haha! 🙂 We enjoy our indulgences. But honestly, I’m so glad we met at church because I wanted to be with someone who has the same beliefs as I do, and I’m glad we can bring Jacob up with this shared faith.
5. What is your favourite part about being a mum/mom?
My favourite part would probably be having cuddles and smiles with Jacob. He has an infectious smile and no matter what’s happening, his smile makes me smile. I’m also blessed to have a teddy bear type baby, who is warm and cuddly all the time (plus he has soft fuzzy hair). My cuddle love tank is full to the brim and overflowing!
6. What is your favourite room/place in your house?
I actually really like my front garden, and the little staircase coming through it. We have lovely roses and lavender bushes growing, and it gets great lighting so it’s an awesome place for photos. Come to think of it, I took a photo there today! This is my new autumn outfit – okay, I admit that’s a spring skirt! I’m not very fashion savvy I guess, sigh…
Okay, I know it’s not IN the house but I hope it’ll do! 😛
7. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant?
We were on holiday in Tasmania when I started feeling funny, so I bought a double pack as I was going to test twice – because once isn’t enough to convince me. I was actually a little skeptical when the first test was positive. We’d only started trying and I was like “No way!”. But the next day, we tested again and that’s when we started getting excited.
8. Were you hoping for a boy or a girl (or both in twin cases) and what was your partner or husband hoping for?
I’ve actually got to ask Daniel that one – I think he wouldn’t have minded either but is happy that we have a boy. We both initially thought it was a girl but were still over the moon when we found out it was a boy. And come to think of it, I always wanted to have a boy first (and then a girl). 🙂
9. What is your least favourite chore around the house?
Probably the one(s) that I never do! 😛 Out of regular house chores, the one I dislike the most is vacuuming (though steam mopping comes a close second). The reason – I hate cords! Even with an extension cord, I always seem to pull the plug out of the socket, knock something over or just trip over the vacuum. When I used to work in hospitality, I used to love vacuuming, but that was because we had backpack vacuums which you just wear on your back!
10. If you had to eat the same thing every day what would it be?
Hmmm… that’s a tough one because I’m always in different moods where I want to eat different things. Potato chips always go down well (especially just the plain salted ones). I must admit that, as Asian as this sounds, rice would be a fave of mine. When I was a child, I used to go out and just eat bowls of plain white rice lol.
11. If you could go anywhere where would it be?
I really really want to go travelling all over the world, particularly to Europe and Japan, but not just the tourist attractions. I’m the kind of person who likes to live it like a local. So, I’d like to see back streets, little local joints where you need to know the local tongue to even find the place, etc. I’ve been sorta longing to see Ireland again (probably because I’ve been listening to Irish music lately), but anywhere in Europe is awesome…
The reason why this post is a bit delayed is because I couldn’t find enough nominees lol! Silly me for not blogsurfing more often – and I realise quite a few blogs I follow have more than 500 followers so I couldn’t nominate them! But here are my nominees!!
And the questions for you are:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging (and has this purpose lived on through your blogging career)?
2. What’s the weirdest thing someone has commented on your blog?
3. Who would you consider your idol?
4. Are you right handed or left handed (or both)?
5. Where were you born?
6. What is the most meaningful thing that’s happened to you so far this year?
7. If you were a cake, what flavour would you be?
8. What is your dream holiday destination?
9. What is your favourite nursery rhyme?
10. What would be your life motto?
11. If you had the choice of being born (again) into any family/place/circumstance, who/where/what would it be?