Hi, I’m Lianne, the Mummy of Dragons, or so it feels like some days!
Here are a few things you might like to know about me:
- I’m a 26-year-old mum of two and wife of one (thank goodness!) – and also owner of a ditzy dog.
- I’m a Malaysian living in Adelaide, Australia for the last 8 years.
- I’m 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 Welsh, 1/8 Thai, 1/8 Malay and 1/2 Peranakan Chinese.
- I’m a Seventh-day Adventist Christian and am actively involved in Children’s Ministry and music (and have my finger in quite a few different pies!)
- I love the following things (in no particular order):
– Superhero stuff (DC, Marvel, capes and dress up…)
– Music (I play the piano and guitar but love a whole lot of different genres, particularly easy listening music and contemporary piano)
– Writing (I used to think I was a budding writer and would have a novel written by age 20. That did not happen, but I’ve written for magazines and won small competitions over the years, so I do hope to get into it more!)
- My family are my life! So stay tuned and hope you enjoy the ride…
So, if you know your pop culture, you may be aware that Mummy of Dragons is inspired by Game of Thrones (Mother of Dragons). Daenerys has three dragons; Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal. While I only have two (for now anyway), I definitely have had many fiery days and have all too many ahead of me.
Jacob is my Drogon – he is definitely the alpha male. He is strong and knows what he wants, yet is also shy at times and is definitely loving and caring in his own way. He is always on the move, is too busy to worry about petty things like eating and sleeping, and has a zest for life that I can barely comprehend (but I go along with it anyway). But you don’t want to be near him when he’s angry…
Jared is my Viserion – not too much is known of his personality yet as he’s just over a month old! He is relatively calm though he communicates mainly in squeaks and grunts. He loves warm showers (not baths though) and is relatively hardy due to impulsive actions of his brother and has been sat on a few times, but I’m sure he will fight back one day soon!
I’m looking forward to sharing our stories with you!